This course is designed to introduce Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) focusing on Advertising, Media and Creative Industry. The emphasis will be on the role of advertising and other promotional mix elements in the integrated marketing communications program of an organization. Attention will be given to the various IMC tools used in contemporary marketing including advertising, direct marketing, Internet and interactive marketing, Social Media marketing, sales promotion, publicity and public relations. We will examine the process by which integrated marketing communications programs are planned, developed and executed as well as the various factors and considerations that influence this process. We will also consider the environment in which IMC programs including the impact of regulatory, social, and economic issues.
- All students receiving a passing grade in the class will be able to
demonstrate a clear understanding of the basic concepts of integrated
marketing communications as well as to display knowledge of key
marketing communications components.
- Students will have fundamental understanding of what it takes to work in Marketing Communication and include integrated marketing communication as part of the management function.
The course is divided into two semesters.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Communication||Brand and Branding|
|Marketing - A Comprehensive Approach||Public Relations|
|Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communication||Consumer Behavior & Market Research|
|Creativity||Rural Marketing & Direct Marketing|
|Creating Marketing Communication||Digital & Social Media Communication|
|Creative Project||Media Planning & Buying|
|Internship and Project Work|
Completion of two media project/Internship is mandatory for
PGDIMC offered by St. Xavier's College is an Industry integrated course.
We maintain close links with the IMC professions. This allows us to create opportunities for the students to meet representatives from industry and enable you to learn from their experiences and build suitable relations. Forums we provide include talks by industry experts and career workshops delivered by guest speakers.
A major portion of the course content is in the form of case studies presented by industry experts.
Students enrolled with PGDIMC gain direct experience through a field-project based assignment. This provides an opportunity for graduate students in IMC to apply theoretical classroom learning to a specific task in a workplace environment.
Completion of three to four weeks of industry internship/media project is mandatory for the course.
|End Semester Examinations||80|
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation||20|
* For Papers where Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation is not assessed, the weightage for End Semester Assessment is 100%
Final degree appeared or graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Please note the candidate appeared for final year
degree is required to mention combined marks for
previous Semester/Year. Students with arrears or
supplementary papers are not eligible.
|Course duration||One year|
|Semester I (July to December)
Semester II (January to June)
|Course commencing from||July 2018|
|Course fee||Total Rs.50,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 300/-)|
|The course fee of Rs. 50,000/- is to be paid in three installments
The 1st installment of Rs 30,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission.
2nd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2018.
3rd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 7th January, 2019.
Class days & timing:
|Class Days||Class Timing|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday||6pm - 8pm|
|Saturday||5pm - 7pm|
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
75 % attendance is compulsory. This being a professional course, there shall be no waiver of attendance. Students, who have less than 75 % attendance without a medical or emergency excuse approved by the college authority, shall not be allowed to take the final examination.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- Last date for submission of Registration form and payment of Application fees is 31st May, 2018
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 300/- to be paid within the last date by using online payment method.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available in the College strictly for those who do not have access to internet.
Note: After successful online submission please
note down your Application Number for further
Use login Link for:
- Paying Application Fee Online
- Printing Acknowledgement Card (After paying Application Fee)
- Printing Online Payment Receipt
- Checking Application Registration
- Paying Course Fee (on Selection)
- Printing Admission Form (on Paying Course Fee)
Step 2: Interview Process
- Interview List with Date and Time will be uploaded on the College Website on 5 June, 2018 at 3PM
- Interview is scheduled to be held between 8 - 22 June, 2018
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for personal Interview.
- Acknowledgement Card and
Application Fee Receipt along with all
original testimonials (Mark sheets, Certificates
and Appointment letter of Work experience for
Working Candidates) are to be brought at the
time of interview for verification
Selection Procedure will be based on qualifications,
work experience, and personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process & Online Payment of Fees
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- Selected Candidates will be intimated through email to take admission by paying the fees by using online payment method and submit generated Admission form along with necessary documents to the College office (Room No. 7) within 4 working days.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Those who seek admission to the College should ensure that they are equipped and conversant with the online payment system.
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101 I 02 I 03 I 04
- In case of non-receipt of the "online payment receipt" through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of
Excess Fees Paid Online: In case of any fees having
been paid online more than once, the payer is
requested not to place any Charge Back Request to
their respective banks. The excess payment will be
refunded from the Treasurer's office at St. Xavier's
College as soon as the payer places a request for
the refund in the Treasurer's office with the
documented evidence of the payment in question.
In case of any "Charge Back Request" is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised Board/ University
once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid
will not be refunded under any circumstance.