- To be aware of important themes underlying the mass media industries.
- To understand the functions of mass media.
- To be able to prepare, deliver and direct media programmes.
- To acquire the knowledge and develop competency in the field of public relations.
- To understand how digital media is changing the nature and focus of traditional mass media.
- To develop the skills required for corporate communication.
Fresh graduates and working executives/professionals and Army
officers who are on study leave.
Course duration: One year
- Semester I (July to December).
- Semester II (January to June)
1. Introduction to Communication & Writing
2. Print Media, News Agency
3. Electronic Media - Radio, TV,
4. Internet, Social Media and Mobile Communication
5. Principles of Public Relations
6. Practices of Public Relations
7. Introduction to Management
8. Ethics in Mass Communication and Public Relations
9. Corporate and Crisis Communication
10. Computer Aided Communication
11. Advertising & Ad Agency
12. Public Relations Agency and Event Management
13. Corporate Social Responsibility
14. Development Communication
15. Media Laws
16. Editing & Production in Print Media
17. Editing & Production in Print Media (Practical)
18. Editing & Production in Video
19. Editing & Production in Video (Practical)
20. Public Speaking
21. Presentation Skills
22. Industry Visit and Reporting
23. Project Work
|End Semester Examinations||80|
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation||20|
* For Papers where Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation is not assessed, the weightage for End Semester Assessment is 100%
Final degree appeared or graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Please note the candidate appeared for final year
degree is required to mention combined marks for
previous Semester/Year. Students with arrears or
supplementary papers are not eligible.
|Course duration||One year|
|Semester I (July to December)
Semester II (January to June)
|Course commencing from||July 2018|
|Course fee||Total Rs.50,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 300/-)|
|The course fee of Rs. 50,000/- is to be paid in three installments
The 1st installment of Rs 30,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission.
2nd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2018.
3rd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 7th January, 2019.
Class days & timing:
|Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||6pm - 8pm||3pm - 5pm|
|Saturday||5pm - 7pm||2:30pm - 4:30 pm|
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects
separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of
illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from
the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be
allowed to appear for the examination.
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- Last date for submission of Registration form and payment of Application fees is 31st May, 2018
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 300/- to be paid within the last date by using online payment method.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available in the College strictly for those who do not have access to internet.
Note: After successful online submission please
note down your Application Number for further
Use login Link for:
- Paying Application Fee Online
- Printing Acknowledgement Card (After paying Application Fee)
- Printing Online Payment Receipt
- Checking Application Registration
- Paying Course Fee (on Selection)
- Printing Admission Form (on Paying Course Fee)
Step 2: Interview Process
- Interview List with Date and Time will be uploaded on the College Website on 5 June, 2018 at 3PM
- Interview is scheduled to be held between 8 - 22 June, 2018
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for personal Interview.
- Acknowledgement Card and Application Fee Receipt along with all
original testimonials (Mark sheets, Certificates
and Appointment letter of Work experience for
Working Candidates) are to be brought at the
time of interview for verification
Note - Selection Procedure will be based on qualifications,
work experience, and personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process & Online Payment of Fees
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- Selected Candidates will be intimated through email to take admission by paying the fees by using online payment method and submit generated Admission form along with necessary documents to the College office (Room No. 7) within 4 working days.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Those who seek admission to the College should ensure that they are equipped and conversant with the online payment system.
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101 I 02 I 03 I 04
- In case of non-receipt of the "online payment receipt" through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of
Excess Fees Paid Online: In case of any fees having
been paid online more than once, the payer is
requested not to place any Charge Back Request to
their respective banks. The excess payment will be
refunded from the Treasurer's office at St. Xavier's
College as soon as the payer places a request for
the refund in the Treasurer's office with the
documented evidence of the payment in question.
In case of any "Charge Back Request" is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised Board/ University
once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid
will not be refunded under any circumstance.