Introduction & Course Objective
The goal of this course is to introduce the essentials of Sales and
Major objectives of this course are:
- To provide a sound framework for identifying, analyzing, and solving marketing related problems.
- To understand the importance of sales force as a key component of an organization's marketing effort.
- To examine the relationship between selling and marketing.
- To create industry-ready professionals in the area of marketing and selling to take up the challenges of global market place.
Course organization and Methodology
The course involves a mixture of case discussions and lectures, with
an emphasis on developing an analytical approach that will enable
students to (1) understand the environment in which a company operates
and identify opportunities and threats, (2) identify and solve marketing
problems, and (3) develop actionable marketing plans.
Teamwork is an essential component of case analysis. Groups will be assigned during the first week of class and shall keep changing as per the instructor.
The course is primarily an interactive discussion including debates, cases, and multiple opportunities to apply the theories that are discussed. A critical element of the class is a group project simulating a typical .... though complex .... marketing and sales management situations; the project includes a written paper with the option for a presentation to the class with verbal defense.
The course is focused on professional, business-to-business (B2B) sales issues and sales management. We frequently draw on our own experiences as consumers (B2C) as a basis for developing perspectives, insights, and understanding of B2B sales themes.
Group I - Marketing Management
- Analysing Marketing Opportunities and Strategy (Organisational Construct)
- Scanning Marketing Environment
- Analysing consumer markets and Buying Behaviour (B to C)
- Analysing Business Markets & Business Buying Behaviour (B to B)
- Analysing Competition
- Product Management & Branding
- Marketing research
- Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & Distribution Channels
- Integrated Marketing Communication
Group II - Sales Management
- Sales Force Development & Management
- Selling Process
- Sales Territory & Sales Quota
- Sales Forecasting and Sales Budget
Group III - Business Communication Skill
Fresh graduates and working executives/professionals.
Course duration: One year
- Semester I (July to December)
- Semester II (January to June).
|End Semester Examinations||80|
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation||20|
* For Papers where Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation is not assessed, the weightage for End Semester Assessment is 100%
Final degree appeared or graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Please note the candidate appeared for final year
degree is required to mention combined marks for
previous Semester/Year. Students with arrears or
supplementary papers are not eligible.
|Course duration||One year|
|Semester I (July to December)
Semester II (January to June)
|Course commencing from||July 2017|
|Course fee||Total Rs.48,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 300/-)|
|The course fee of Rs. 48,000/- is to be paid in three instalments
The 1st installment of Rs 28,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission.
2nd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2017.
3rd installment of Rs. 10,000/- is to be paid by 7th January, 2018.
Class days & Time
|Class Days||Class Timing|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday||6pm- 8pm|
Note: Saturdays (5pm - 7pm) may also be class days/Examination days, as and when required
In addition to specified class hours, workshops, seminars, management games, etc. may be periodically conducted during day time on Saturdays and Sundays.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects
separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of
illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from
the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be
allowed to appear for the examination.
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- Last date for submission of form and payment of fees is 30th May, 2017.[ No application fees will be received after 30th May, 2017 even if the application form is submitted]
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 300/- to be paid within the last date by using online payment method.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available in the College strictly for those who do not have access to internet.
Note: After successful online submission please
note down your Application Number for further
Use login Link for:
- Paying Application Fee Online
- Printing Acknowledgement Card (After paying Application Fee)
- Printing Online Payment Receipt
- Checking Application Registration
- Paying Course Fee (on Selection)
- Printing Admission Form (on Paying Course Fee)
Step 2: Interview Process
- Interview List with Date and Time will be uploaded on the College Website on 3th June, 2017 at 3PM
- Interview is scheduled to be held between 8 - 22 June, 2017
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for personal Interview.
- Acknowledgement Card and
Application Fee Receipt along with all
original testimonials (Mark sheets, Certificates
and Appointment letter of Work experience for
Working Candidates) are to be brought at the
time of interview for verification
Selection Procedure will be based on qualifications,
work experience, and personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process & Online Payment of Fees
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- Selected Candidates will be intimated through email to take admission by paying the fees by using online payment method and submit generated Admission form along with necessary documents to the College office (Room No. 7) within 4 working days.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Those who seek admission to the College should ensure that they are equipped and conversant with the online payment system.
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101 I 02 I 03 I 04
- In case of non-receipt of the "online payment receipt" through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of
Excess Fees Paid Online: In case of any fees having
been paid online more than once, the payer is
requested not to place any Charge Back Request to
their respective banks. The excess payment will be
refunded from the Treasurer's office at St. Xavier's
College as soon as the payer places a request for
the refund in the Treasurer's office with the
documented evidence of the payment in question.
In case of any "Charge Back Request" is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised Board/ University
once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid
will not be refunded under any circumstance.