Relational Database: Hands-on Weekend Course
This course is designed to give students / professonals an understanding of SQL and procedural programming languages in a industry standard Relational Database Management (RDBMS) environment.
The course covers SQL commands for DML, DDL, Query, and Transaction Control operations, procedural language components with SQL, key commands for RDBMS administration.
Duration: 5 Weeks, 9 Days, 36 Hours
Weekend Classes: Sat : 4 hrs (2pm-6pm) , Sun : 4 hrs (9am-1pm).
Eligibility: Basic concept and knowledge of database.
Faculty: Experienced Database professionals from leading IT organizations.
Commencing: 30th May 2015.
Course Fees: Rs.8,000/-
St. Xavier's College (Autonomous)
30 Mother Teresa Sarani,
Phone: 22551220 / 22876035
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between SQL, Procedural Programming with SQL and value added features withy SQL.
- Write SQL queries to retrieve desired data.
- Use DML statements (insert, update, and delete).
- Use DDL statements (create, alter, and drop).
- Use transaction control statements to commit, rollback, and create savepoints.
- Write advanced queries.
- Write scripts to do queries and display SQL reports.
- Control access to database objects.
- Write Procedural programing block using all elements of block structure.
- Write procedural statements using lexical units, declared variables, and assignment statements.
- Use control structures to loop, branch, and jump.
- Use of named exceptions and user-defined exceptions.
- Use explicit cursors.
- Carry out Database administration.
All sessions will be held with live demonstration and hands on assignments.
- DATABASE DESIGN
- STANDARD DATABASE ARCHITECTURES AND INTERFACES
- SQL DATA TYPES
- CATEGORIES OF SQL STATEMENTS (DDL, DML, DCL, TCL)
- Data Manipulation Languages / DML Statements
- Data Control Languages / DCL Statements
- Transaction Control Language (TCL)/ TCL Statements
- SQL OPERATORS
- SQL FUNCTIONS
- JOINING TABLES
- SET OPERATORS
- SQL SUBQUERIES
- MORE DATABASE OBJECTS
- SQL PLUS
- INTRODUCTION TO PROCEDURAL LANGUAGES / PL SQL
- DECLARATIONS AND DATA TYPES IN PL/SQL
- HANDS ON ASSIGNMENTS
- LANGUAGE COMPONENTS IN PL/SQL
- FUNCTIONS AND PROCEDURES
- HANDS ON ASSIGNMENTS
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
- DATABASE BACKUP AND RESTORE
- CONNECTING DATABASE FROM OTHER TOOLS VIA TCP/IP PROTOCOL
- REVISION AND EVALUATION