General Information for Admission to B.M.S. HONOURS (Bachelor of Management Studies) 2017-2018
Since its introduction in 2002, this three year honours program in management has evolved. Previously known as the BBA program, the change in nomenclature was adopted following the University Grants Commission template on Under Graduate courses under Choice Based Credit System. The University of Calcutta have approved it and is effective for students enrolled from the academic session 2017-18.
The B.M.S. (HONOURS) program is unique given the core values it imparts in terms of Intellectual Depth, Leadership Skills, and Social Responsibility. St. Xavier's approach to management education aims at the holistic formation of future leaders with unmatched professional competence and a strong ethical perspective. The curriculum is flexible and broad and gives students the opportunity to develop an academic program that is tailored to their ambitions and interests. The BMS program spans over six semesters. We will offer discipline specific elective papers in Finance and Marketing in the third year.
The aim of the B.M.S. program is to offer high quality education in management and prepare students to;
- Pursue higher education in management
- Join industry, business, and non-profit organizations
- Seek entrepreneurial venture
4:00 pm to 8:05 pm
Admission criteria for the academic session 2017-2018
- A candidate may be admitted to the course provided he/she has passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 course conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or an equivalent examination, recognized as such, by the University of Calcutta, in all the recognized subjects (of full marks not being less than 100) including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Statistics, subject to the fulfilment of the following other conditions.
- For applying to B.M.S. program Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Statistics is compulsory in Plus-II level.
- A candidate applying for Honours must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in at least four subjects including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Statistics and must have passed in all subjects as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
- Prospective candidates seeking admission to the course will have to appear for an entrance examination. The entrance examination will be of one hour duration comprising of Multiple Choice Questions of fifty marks.
The mode of selection will be on the basis of the following weightage
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 course) (WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) 50%
- Entrance Examination 50%