Founded by the Society of Jesus, a Christian Religious Order, St. Xavier's College is administered by a Governing Body. Admission is open to all irrespective of caste and creed. However, as a Christian minority institution, Christian candidates will be given certain preference.
A. In the application form candidates are required to mention ONE SUBJECT studied at Graduation level or Post Graduation level (whichever is highest) from amongst the subjects listed below.
|The Subjects offered :|
- 50% marks in Bachelors or Masters Degree for General Category and 45% for Reserved Categories.
- Maximum age limit is 40 years as on 1st July 2018 for freshers.
- Besides good academic records, candidates must have:
- Studied at least one subject offered in B.Ed course at St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), Kolkata either at Graduation (with at least 300 marks) or at Post Graduate level.
- A good command and fluency in English, both spoken and written.
Procedure for Application
- Application forms are to be filled in & submitted online through the college website www.sxccal.edu from 21.02.2018 (11 am) to 12.03.2018 (1pm).
- Ensure to take a print out of the filled in application form along with the payment receipt and acknowledgement sheet after successful online submission.
- The application will be registered for further processing only after the
payment of the Application Fee. The Application Fee of Rs. 500/- may be paid
by any one of the following methods:
- Online, by using Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking through the College Website following the successful submission of the online application.
- In cash, only to the Syndicate Bank, Park Street branch located inside the St. Xavier's College Campus through the Bank Challan generated following the successful submission of the online application. Applications for which the payment is made to any other bank/branch will not be registered by the College even if the bank/branch accepts the application fee.
- There is no need to submit the Application Form or the Payment Receipt to the College office prior to the interview.
- All relevant documents along with the form and payment receipt need to be submitted at the time of interview.
- The list of candidates selected for interview will be published through the College Website.
- The selected candidates need to follow the instructions published with the selection list for appearing in the interview.
- Due consideration will be given to the candidates who have excelled in performing arts (dance, music, dramatics etc.), or fine arts (painting, sculpture etc.), literary activities, sports & games.
- Further information related to interview and selection will be available
on the College Website on 26th March after 5pm.
Level-1: For interview-on the basis of merit considering the academic
Level-2: For enrolment-on the basis of merit considering the academic performance, performance in the interview and co- curricular excellence.
Based on Subject Knowledge, Communication, General Knowledge, Overall
Documents Required at the time of Interview:
- The filled in online application form and the acknowledgement sheet.
- Application Fee payment receipt.
- All academic & co-curricular documents, the admit card of interview.
- Age verification certificate (admit card of class X).
- University registration certificate.
- Certificate for reserved category.
- Disability certificate for differently abled candidates.
- Baptism certificate for Christian candidates and a letter from the Parish Priest.
- For deputed candidates
- Approval of DI of schools.
- Xerox copy of M.C. Resolution countersigned by DI/ADI.
(Duly attested Xerox copies of all documents to be submitted and originals to be presented for verification):
Seats are available in the college hostel for both boys and girls.
- The original migration certificate should be submitted within 10 days of admission, failing which the admission will be automatically cancelled.
- At the time of admission, deputed candidates need to submit M.C. resolution in original countersigned by DI / ADI.
- Students of slender means may apply for financial assistance through formal application to the Vice Principal of Education after admission.