Head of the Department
The purpose of the course is to meet the needs of the students in the work place and in real life and teach communicative/language skills in interpersonal relations. The course gives basic expertise in problem solving and decision making. Therefore, the course is not 'theory oriented' but 'industry friendly'.
The course teaches :
- The role of communication in business and related professions.
- The role of body language in interaction - non-verbal cues in communication.
- Active Listening and Speaking skills.
- The procedure of perceptions about actions and behaviour.
- Inter-Personal Skills and Emotional Intelligence. Business vocabulary and business writing.
- Panel discussions and debates.
- Teamwork Strategies.
- Making Presentations,
- Mock Interviews and Situational Role Play.
- Personal Grooming and Etiquette.
Definition and features of communication as a medium of transference and the functions of effective communication.
Phonetics and Phonology.
Elements of Phonology - pitch, intonation, stress, accent.
Active Listening and Speaking -definition and characteristics.
Building up interpersonal skills and relations through case studies.
Confidence Building Measures through speaking exercises. Grammar for effective speaking.
Effective Reading - techniques of critical reading. Extensive and Intensive Reading.
Business Writing - reports, Cvs and resumes, letters, job applications, memos, notices, minutes.
Grammar for effective writing.
Corporate Communication - Role Play, Presentation, Group Discussion. Interpersonal behaviour and Emotional Intelligence.
Definition and elements of body language.
English for Specific Purposes - Vocabulary related to various professions.
Etiquette and Attitude.
Correct use of speech codes and customs.
Dress Code. Categories of Attitude. Motivation.