PhD Final Selected Candidates 2016The selected candidates are requested to complete the enrollment procedure on 15.11.16, Tuesday.
Venue: Ph.D. Cell, St.Xavier's College
Time: 9.30 A.M.
Enrollment Fees: Rs.5000 in cash
Please carry the following documents with you: All marksheets in the original, photo ID proof (passport/aadhar card), address proof (passport/aadhar card/ electricity or telephone bill), date of birth proof (Class X marksheet), migration certificate (original)"
View PhD Final Selected Candidates 2016
Declaration of RET 2016 ResultsThe empanelled candidates are requested to come for counselling on their respective dates and times as displayed below.
The vacancies in each department will be filled from the respective panel following the order of merit.
Venue : R.K. Hall
PHYSICS : 20.9.2016 at 12 NOON
BIOTECHNOLOGY : 20.9.2016 at 12.30 P.M.
MICROBIOLOGY : 22.9.2016 at 12 NOON
COMMERCE : 22.9.2016 at 12 NOON
PhD Programme : RET interviewDate : 14 Sep 2016 Time : 11 AM onwards
Venue : R.K. Hall
- All original documents
- Acknowledgement slip
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) - hard copy
Applications are invited for admission to
the Ph.D. program in the Departments of
St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), Kolkata,
affiliated to the University of Calcutta, in
the prescribed proforma downloadable from
the College website at //www.sxccal.edu.
Filled in applications together with
self-attested testimonials are to be sent to
The Ph.D. Coordinator, P.G. Office,
St.Xavier's College, 30. Mother Teresa
Sarani, Kolkata 700016, after paying Rs.
100/- in cash at the cash counter at the P.G.
Office. Outstation candidates may send the
filled in application form together with
self-attested testimonials and a demand
draft of Rs. 100 in favour of St. Xavier's
College, Kolkata, payable at Kolkata.
Essential qualification:(M. Sc/M.Com) in (Physics/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Commerce)
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in (Physics/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Commerce)at the (M.Sc./M.com.) level from the College or from any other UGC recognized university are eligible to take the examination.
- The candidate has to have either NET/ SET/ MPhil (from any recognized university with 2-semester/ 1-year course work) or has to qualify in the research entrance test (RET) conducted by the department.
- Those who are expected to obtain MPhil in (Physics/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Commerce)from any UGC recognized university by August 31, 2016 would also beexempted from RET and be eligible to appear directly in the interview.
- Those who have qualified in NET/SET or already obtained M.Phil. degree would be exempted from the examination. They may directly submit a statement of purpose (SoP) indicating the area of research interest (not exceeding 1000 words) and appear in the interview.
- The Ph.D. entrance test of 100 marks for the suitable candidates will be held once in a year and the qualifying marks will be fixed at 50%;
- The maximum number of candidates
enrolled this year (2016) depending on
their success at the written examination
and interview will be:
Physics: Four (4)
Microbiology: Five (5)
Biotechnology: Two (2)
Commerce: Five (5)
Structure of the Examination:
- Only multiple choice questions
- The details of the syllabus is available in the College Website under the corresponding Department's RET Syllabus
- The eligible candidates identified through RET/ NET/ SET/ MPhil, will have to submit statement of purpose (SoP) indicating the area of research interest (not exceeding 1000 words) on which a final interview will be conducted.
- The SoP has to be submitted at the time of application itself.
- Those who are expected to obtain M.Sc./M.Com.in (Physics/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Commerce) from any UGC recognized university by August 31, 2016 would also be eligible to apply for RET. However, the final selection of these candidates would be contingent on their obtaining at least 55% of marks in aggregate in their M.Sc./M.Com. examination from the College, or any other UGC recognizeduniversity.
- The list of finally selected candidates would be posted in the Departmental Notice Board and in the College website
- Forms can be downloaded from the College website from: August 2, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Application for PhD program
including that for the Research Entrance
with SoP to be submitted by: August 16, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Date of RET Examination: August
23, 2016 (Tuesday), 3.30 P.M. in the R.K. Hall, St .Xavier's
- Date of Publication of RET Result: August 30, 2016 July (Tuesday)
- Date of Interview: September 14,
2016 (Wednesday) from 3.30 P.M. in the
St. Xavier's College
Available vacancies for the Ph.D. program 2016:
Dipankar Chakraborty: 1
Chandana Barat: 1
Tapati Dutta: 2
Sarbari Guha: 2
Arup Mitra: 2
Kasturi Sarkar: 2
Maheshweta Mitra Ghosh: 1
Sudeshna Shyam Choudhury: 1
P.P. Ghosh: 1
Samir Lobwo: 1
Shivaji Banerjee: 2
A.P. Mondal: 1