Girls' Hostel - Rules and Regulations
Girls' Hostel Application Form
GIrls' Hostel Renewal Form
Girls' Hostel Fee Structure
Mother Teresa Hostel for Girls
219/1 Acharya J C Bose Road
Kolkata 700 017
Ph: 033 2289 1197 Mob: 8017276132
Mother Teresa Girls' Hostel is for the female students of St Xavier's
College, Kolkata, only. It is under the management of the College. The
Superintendent is directly responsible to the Principal of the College
and stands in Loco Parentis to all the boarders. The provision for
staying in the Hostel is for one year only. A student who fails without
genuine reason to attend her classes will be asked to leave the Hostel.
A student who accumulates more than three arrears in an academic year is
liable not to be taken back in the Hostel the following year. This
hostel accepts application for accommodation from the students of first
The applications for accommodation in the Hostel are generally much more than the number of seats available. The selections are made entirely on the basis of merit and need.
- The Hostel 'Application Form ' and 'Rules and Regulations' sheets are to be downloaded from the college website: www.sxccal.edu.
- The students will be admitted to the Hostel only after they have been admitted in the College.
- The application will be registered for further processing only after the submission of all relevant documents along with the filled in 'Application Form' (including the recommendation of the Vice Principal/Dean) at the time of interview at St. Xavier's College Hostel, 219/1 AJC Bose Road, Kolkata-700017 from 16.06.2018 (2 pm-5 pm) to 28.06.2018 (2 pm-5pm).
- During the submission of 'Application Form' at least one of the Parents/Legal Guardian is to accompany the candidate.
- The Application Fee of Rs. 500/- to be paid by Debit/Credit Card through POS System (Swiping Machine) in the Hostel Office.
- A list of the selected candidates will be published in the College website on 29.06.2018 after 5 pm.
- The Admission and entry into the Hostel will be on 30.06.2018 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- During the Admission at least one of the Parents/Legal Guardian and the Local Guardian are to accompany the candidate.
- The 'Rules and Regulations' sheet is to be
filled in at the time of admission in the Hostel
The rooms in the Hostel are three seaters (three students in a room),
two seaters (two students in a room) and one seater (one student in a
The Mess of the Hostel is run entirely on a non-profit basis under
the supervision of the Superintendent.
The fees of the Hostel are to be paid by the 10th
of every month by debit/credit cards through POS
system (swiping machine) or the Online System only.
VacationThe hostel is kept officially closed during the Puja, Christmas and Summer Vacations. No one is allowed to stay in the Hostel during these periods.
- The original copy of mark sheet for verification.
- The photocopies of the 10th & 12th Standards' Mark Sheets and the Character Certificates from the Headmaster/Principal.
- The Income Certificate/Salary Statement.
Things to be brought
The students must bring the following at the time of joining the Hostel:
- A mattress (size 6'x3' approximately)
- A pillow
- Two bed-sheets and two pillow-covers.
- A mosquito net.
- A plastic bucket and a mug.
- A drinking water bottle.
- A suitcase / trunk with a good lock to keep valuables securely locked
- A lock and keys for the room. A duplicate
key has to be deposited in the Hostel Office.