About the Library :
The Department of Education at St. Xavier's College (Autonomous) has a separate library attached to facilitate the teaching-learning process. It has two rooms viz. main library room and a reading room. This computerized Library uses the same Koha software (Version 16.05) used in the Central Library of St. Xavier's College. It has the open access facility with a collection of around 10,000 books, 8 journals and 24 CDs/DVDs. The Library provides Computer and Internet facilities to its patrons. A Book Bank facility is also available for all the students of the Department.
Library Hours :
9.00 am to 5.00 pm (Mon. to Fri.)
9.00 am to 1.00 pm (Sat.)
Human Resource :
1. Rev. Dr. S. Xavier, S.J. Asst. Director
2. Dr. Chinmay Mukhopadhyay (CM) - Librarian 22551-251
3. Mrs. Jayati Adhya (JA) - Library Assistant - 22551-254
4. Mr. Gabriel Subir Bar (GSB) - Library Attendant - 22551-254
Dept. of Education - Lending Circulation (January - April 2018)
General Rules and Regulations
- College Identity Card (Library card) is compulsory for all users. This card is strictly non- transferrable.
- Carrying bags, folders, walkman and food articles are strictly prohibited in the library. Mobile phones have to be switched off before entering the library.
- Students have to maintain absolute silence inside the library. If any one isfound sleeping, talking aloud, sitting in an improper manner and violating the general rules of the library will face severe penalties.
- Group discussion or any kind of class meeting is not allowed in the library.
- Users are requested to submit the ID card at the main library counter and write down the details in the register for using any reading section materials like books, journals, CD/DVD(s) etc.
- An issued book can be brought to the main library room only for renewal or returning.
- Internet facilities are available in the library and students are to follow the rules specified by the authority for using the facility.
- Users may place their feedback through online feedback form.
- The students have to go through the library
Notice Board regularly for up to date library
- Students may borrow 2 books at a time for a period of 14 days. In case of delay in returning, a fine of Rs.3/- per day per book is charged. Books may be recalled at any time by the authority.
- The late fines are to be deposited at the SYNDICATE BANK COUNTER ONLY against the Fine Slip, and NOWHERE ELSE. After paying fine, the students have to submit student copy of the fine slip to the library office for updating fine status.
- Borrower should be physically present in person for issue as well as return of books.
- Books once issued for lending will not be allowed to be kept inside the library main room.
- The book bank facility is available.
- Each shelf is accompanied with shelf guide, which indicates shelf number, class number and subjects concerned. Reference books, marked as ED(R), and other reference materials cannot be lent out.
- Books once issued will not be returned on the same day.
- At the time of issue of books users must check the books before leaving the counter and report to the library staff immediately if any damage is noticed. The borrower will be held responsible if any damage found on return.
- Any damage, disfigurement or loss of a library book will have to be compensated by replacement of the latest edition of the book within a week.
- During power/system failure the library services will be suspended.
- A book issued may be renewed only once provided if there is no demand placed against it.
- A Library clearance is to be obtained before
taking Final Mark sheet / Certificate or
terminating from the college
(Download Clearance Form).
- Fully Air-conditioned Library
- Close Circuit Camera
- Real-Time catalogue including the current
- Lending, Online Renewal, Purchase suggestions facility
- Reference service
- Display of new arrivals
- WEB-OPAC : Facility to view holding status and other information
- E-mail alerts
- Previous years' question papers
- Book Bank Service
- Library orientation programme for new users
- Facility to access INFLIBNET-NLIST