General Rules and Regulations:
- Central Library is NO-MOBILE ZONE.
- Students must wear ID card at all times.
- Scan your ID card in the computerized Attendance System at the Gate at the time of entry and exit.
- Maintain strict silence in the Reading Room and other areas.
- DO NOT enter the reading or lending section with your baggage. Keep them in the wooden shelves at the Gate Counter.
- DO NOT crowd around any counter, but stand in queue and wait for your turn.
- Scan the library notice boards regularly (Both inside and outside the library premise).
- ID card is NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Using someone else's ID is a punishable offence.
- Kindly cooperate and behave gently with library staff.
- In case of any difficulty library users can approach the Assistant Director or the Librarian.
- Only present students and staff of the College can use the Library. No ex-student or outsiders are allowed to use the Library.
- Any misbehaviour in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and/or serious disciplinary actions.
- Students should clear all library dues in time to obtain Hall Ticket before Semester Exam.
- Students and Staff members must settle all library dues to obtain Clearance Certificate from the Library Office on completion of studies or duty.
- Sleeping, eating and having refreshments inside the Library are strictly prohibited.
- Do take care of library books and journals.
Guidelines for Self-circulation Kiosk:
- Use only your own valid ID card. Using someone else's ID card to issue/reissue books is a punishable offence.
- Use the Kiosk only to issue/reissue books, not to return.
- Four books can be borrowed at a time against your ID; books should not be identical.
- Don't forget to log out after the transactions and collect the GATE PASS and submit it at the gate counter.
- Get the due date stamped on the date slip inside the book from the Gate Counter.
Guidelines for Lending Section:
- A student can borrow utmost four books at a time for fourteen days, which are further renewable for fourteen days (except in special cases). Books borrowed should not be identical.
- Be present in person with your own ID card while borrowing/returning the library books.
- After issuing/renewing a book from Lending Counter, one PRINTED GATE-PASS will be given to you. DO NOT FORGET to submit the same at the Gate Counter.
- Borrowed books should be returned on or before the stipulated date mentioned on date-slip inside the book.
- For delay in returning a book students have to pay a fine of Rs. 3 (Rupees three only) per day per book.
- Any late return of books accumulates a fine of Rs. 3 per day. When the late fines crosses rupees fifty, one has to collect the fine slip from the Library office and deposit the amount at the SYNDICATE BANK COUNTER ONLY. After paying the fine submit your student copy of the fine slip to the Library Office for updating fine status.
- Check the condition of the book at the time of borrowing. If any mutilation found, report instantly to the concerned library staff. Otherwise the borrower will be responsible for the damage.
- Open Access is for your convenience. DO NOT misplace the books while selecting from the shelves. After consulting books DO NOT shuffle them but place them in PROPER PLACE.
- Remember book hiding and misplacing are punishable offence.
- Return the borrowed books first at the Lending Counter. Don't go inside the Lending/Reading Section with borrowed books.
- If books are lost or damaged (including marking on the pages), borrower must replace the book of same edition or latest edition.
Guidelines for Reading Section:
- The books marked as "FOR READING ROOM ONLY" and periodicals (both journals and magazines) are meant only for reading consultation inside READING ROOM ONLY, cannot be taken out.
- You will be allowed to take maximum THREE BOOKS at a time for study in the Reading Room.
- After taking a book from Reading Room shelf, make an entry at the Reading Room Counter by depositing the ID card.
- Do not scatter the pages of newspaper when reading.
- DO NOT misplace books while selecting from the shelves. After consulting books return them at the counter.
- The Laptops and Palmtops are allowed in the library, but CHARGING may be allowed by the Library Staff on discretion after at least 2 hours of usage of the same. Bring your devices in fully charged mode.
- Books newly acquired are displayed in the New Arrival Section.
Guidelines for Reprography Section:
- The photocopy section is for LIBRARY BOOKS, JOURNALS AND QUESTION PAPERS ONLY. The class notes, outside papers and books are strictly NOT TO BE PHOTOCOPIED HERE.
- Place your requisition for photocopy at the Reading Counter.
- Maximum twenty pages can be photocopied at a time; Cost per page is Rupee ONE only.
- Print-outs can also be taken, per page. Cost is Rupees TWO only.
- Articles in the newspapers can also be photocopied. Cost per sheet is Rupees THREE only.