NET & SET GUIDANCE CENTRE, 2020
NET examination is conducted twice every year, one in June and the other in December. The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts joint CSIR Ė UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for lectureship for candidates having masterís degree in humanities.
The candidates are having the opportunity for both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship or for the lectureship only.
NET is basically conducted all over the country. There is another examination which is conducted solely by the individual states and that examination is popularly known as SET (State Eligibility Test). The syllabus is same for NET & SET.
Eligibility: Candidates who have scored 55% marks (50% for SC / ST) in the Masterís Degree Examination are eligible to appear for the examination.
Age Limit: The upper age limit for the
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is 28 years. There is
no upper age limit for lectureship.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 Hour (9:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions all are compulsory||2 Hour (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.) IST|
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type
compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The
questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of
the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent
thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective
type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks
will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
All the questions of Paper Ė II will be
compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper
Paper - III (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for
questions of Paper - I & Paper - II on the
Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian National
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Masterís Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (on the website: https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/consolidated list of All universities.pdf ) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post-graduation attached at page No. 20) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Masterís degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Masterís degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master's Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD (persons with disability)) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Masterís degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to Fellowship and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC ĖNCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Masterís level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any
certificates/documents in support of their
eligibility nor printout of their Application
Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE.
However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Masterís degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. ( www.aiu.ac.in )
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more
than 30 years as on 01.07.2019. A relaxation up
to 5 years is provided to the candidates
belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the
Central list of OBC available on website:
www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender
categories and to women applicants. Relaxation
will also be provided to the candidates having
research experience, limited to the period spent
on research in the relevant/related subject of
post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of
5 years, on production of a certificate from
appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in
age will be permissible to the candidates
possessing L.L.M. Degree. A relaxation of up to
5 years is provided to the candidates who have
served in the armed forces subject to the length
of service in the armed forces up to the first
day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET
is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above
ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any
- Assistant Professor: There is no
upper age limit for applying for eligibility for
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have
cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET)
accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant
Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are
exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible
to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in
India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards,
the qualified candidates are eligible to apply
for the post of Assistant Professor only in the
universities/ colleges situated in the state
from where they have cleared their SET.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 17th June 2019. The examination will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM
- The Test will be held in a total of five subjects viz., Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Physical Sciences Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences. The CSIR UGC NET pattern for the Single Paper MCQ test shall be as given below:
- The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks; the exam shall be for duration of three hours. The question paper shall be divided in three parts.
- Candidates should use only black ballpoint pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet/Question Paper Booklet and to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet
- The Question Booklet for this test will be
printed in Hindi & English Version
EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT:
|Category||General||Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer), as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in||SC / ST / PwD /
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
- The candidates may pay the examination fee
either by credit/ debit card or through e-challan
generated during the online filling of the
application form. In case of e-challan the
payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI
Bank. In case the examination fee is paid
through credit/debit card the additional
processing charges as following will also be
debited from the credit/debit card of the
Credit card: - 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: - 0.75% of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein.
- The candidates are required to check the
status of fee payment at CBSE website
( cbsenet.nic.in ) and if the status is ĎOK' the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ĎOK' the candidates are
advised as following:-
- If the fee is paid through e-challan be depositing cash in above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
- Please note that fee submitted by any
other mode like money order, demand draft,
IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid
will not be refunded under any
Procedures for Enrolment in the NET & SET Guidance Centre, St. Xavier's College
- For Enquiry interested candidates may call Office (033-2255-1228) from 30th April, 2019 onwards during 1 PM- 7PM (Except Monday & Tuesday).
- Online Applications begin from 8th MAY, 2019 and closes on 12th JUNE, 2019.
- Interested Candidates may apply ONLINE (
www.sxccal.edu ) by paying Rs. 500 as
|1st Date of Counselling :||14th JUNE, 19 (FRIDAY)|
|Time :||10 AM TO 1 PM|
|Venue :||NET and SET Guidance Centre (2nd Floor) , St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), 30, Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street) Kolkata- 700016.|
NOTE: Applicants are required to bring their Age Proof Certificate, Post-Graduation Mark Sheet/Last Exam's Mark Sheet and Online Fees Receipt on the date of Counseling. Original Documents regarding academic qualifications and others will be required at the time of admission.
Second Phase online Applications begin from
17th JUNE, 2019 and ends on 22nd JUNE, 2019.
For Candidates who are appearing for Post-Graduate Part II Examination, please follow the details :
|2nd Date of Counselling :||25th JUNE, 19 (TUESDAY)|
|Time :||11 AM TO 1 PM|
|Venue :||NET and SET Guidance Centre (2nd
Floor) , St. Xavier's
College (Autonomous), 30, Mother Teresa Sarani (Park
Street) Kolkata- 700016.
NOTE : Applicants are required to bring their
Age Proof Certificate, Post-Graduation Part 1 Mark
Sheet and Online Fees Receipt on the date of
Original Documents regarding academic qualifications and others will be required at the time of admission.
Date of Inauguration of the course : 1st July, 2019.
Medium of Instruction
Classes will be held taking English as the mode of instruction.
The duration of the course is July 2019 to February 2020. (8 months excluding the month of Puja Holidays)
Subjects to be Offered :
The test will be held in the subjects as given under:
- Paper I
- Physical Sciences
- Life Science
- Computer Science
The course fee includes one book for the Common Paper 1, Study Materials and Mock tests (Starting from end of March 2019, targeting the exam of June, 2020).
The duration of the course is from August 2018 to March, 2019.
Fees for the Course
Course fee for only Paper 1 will be Rs. 15000. For Paper 2 Rs. 10000/- would be charged.
The First Installment to be given before joining the course. Second Installment to be given within the first week of joining.
No refund policy will be entertained.
Details of the Course
- Classes will commence on 1st July 2019 and will continue till 28th February 2020.
- The course fee includes one book for the Common Paper 1, Study Materials and Mock tests (Starting from December 2019).
- Classes will be held two to three days in a
week excluding Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
The list of Successful candidates from our First Batch is given below:
|Roll No||Name||Subject||Exam Details|
|4||Gaurav Roy||Commerce||NET 2018|
|12||Mayurakshi Jana||Computer Application||SET 2018|
|15||Golam Ahsan Waresh||Economics||SET 2018|
|20||Purbasha Bhattacharyya||Economics||NET and SET 2018|
|41||Iffat Jahan Qaiser||Commerce||SET 2018|
|39||Debashish Ganguly||Computer Application||SET 2018|