Introduction to Graphic Design – a practical approach
About Graphic Design
Graphic design is an ancient craft, dating back past Egyptian hieroglyphs to at least 17,000-year-old cave paintings. It’s a term that originated in the 1920s’ print industry. It is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. In simple terms, graphic designers make visuals to communicate certain messages. These visuals can be as simple as a business logo, or as complex as page layouts on a website.
In the modern context, Graphic design helps the producer connect with the consumer, and it conveys the message of the project, event, campaign or product.
Companies use the visual concepts of graphic design to promote and sell products through advertising, to convey complicated information in an easy-to-understand format to develop a brand identity, and so much more.
Graphic design is a necessary part of any business to convey their story. Graphic design communicates more than just words to your audience, even if we select simple design elements like color scheme or font choice, it can help to portray an emotion or feeling that supports your message.
Graphic designers are always demandable in every organization and industry, particularly those with digital skills. One will be able to add value to any workplace and design is something which is necessary for every other business.
While most companies are hiring graphic designers for commercial purposes, many designers also use their work for artistic expression.
About The Course
On completing the course one can learn how to create logo, brochure, posters, packaging of a product, different designing layout, web page layout, advertising boards, image editing , promotional activities of a company and many more.
- Basics of Graphics
- Desktop Designing and Imaging
- Adobe photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe In Design
- Project Work
- Total Credits : 3
Mode of teaching:
Physical classes with hands on training, assignments and project.
NOTICE REGARDING CASHLESS PAYMENT
The candidates aspiring to take admissions to St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata are hereby notified that St. Xavier’s College will accept all types of fees and charges (including Application, Admission etc.) in CASHLESS mode only.
Hence the candidates must have Debit/Credit Card facilities with Online Banking activated on the card. Further, the Debit/Credit Card must have sufficient transaction limit in accordance with the amount to be paid.
It is also notified that the transaction charges, over and above the fees, are to be borne by the candidates.
- DURATION: 3 Months
- CLASS TIMINGS: 3 days a week from 1:30pm to 3:30pm.
- DATE OF COMMENCEMENT: 26th February 2024.
COURSE FEES: Rs.7,500/-
Online admission on a first come first serve basis.
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction carefully before filling the Registration Form.
- Application forms are available online only through the College website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College.
You need to upload the following while filling in the form:
- Recent colour passport size photo (JPEG format).
- Signature (JPEG format).
- After online submission of the form, pay the fee online.
- After successful payment download the Provisional Admission Sheet and take a printout.
- Mail the Admission Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the same.
There is no need to submit any documents to the College. Report directly on 26th February, 2024 at 12:30pm along with the following documents:
- Original Provisional Admission Sheet and Declaration duly signed by the patent/guardian
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card
- Photocopy of highest qualification marksheet
- Photocopy of date of birth proof
- Bring the originals for verification.