- To identify research priorities and initiate programmes.
- To seek research grants and promote focused research of national importance.
- To foster new collaborations and strengthen existing ones.
- To disseminate research findings in conferences and high impact publications.
- To provide logistics for researchers to implement ideas.
- To support IP related activities and encourage patents
Strategies evolving to achieve the targets of the Research Policy
- Promotion of inter-disciplinary research collaborations across all the departments through project proposals and grants funded by national and international research bodies and MoU partners including industries.
- Incentivize staff members to publish research papers in standard journals along with students.
- Encouraging and incentivizing faculty members to edit and publish monographs and books on subject specific domains.
- In order to foster skill development in life sciences the College has become a member in the life science sector skill development since February 2020.
- The College recognizes the Ph.D recipients among its faculty and students at the annual Convocation and Valedictory ceremony.
- Research output is an essential criterion for faculty recruitment and promotion.
- The College maintains a regulatory body in the form of its Ph.D Cell which conducts the Ph.D related activities.
- The annual College multi-disciplinary research journal “Aviskaar a Xaverian Journal of Research” is published following the standard norms of peer review, intellectual property rights and DOI so that the journal may qualify for UGC CARE list.
- Encouraging student research, both independent and collaborative with faculty members. Departmental magazines and journals regularly feature students’ research articles.
- To further encourage research by faculty members, the College reimburses expenses related to registration, travel and participation and presentation in National and International seminars, conferences etc.
- In tune with the policy of research ethics and conduct, the College has subscribed to the Anti-Plagiarism software “i-Thenticate”.
- Health and Safety protocols in line with ISO 9001:2015 standards are maintained in all the research laboratories.
- To secure National and State level Grant for research promotion and innovation and accordingly the college.
- In order to promote innovation skill among students, the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of St. Xavier’s College recognizes student-groups submitting innovative Entrepreneurship proposal and subsequently the College has made a provision of Rs. 50000 as seed money for developing a prototype.
- The consultancy cell is proactive and has a general practice of providing research based consultancy to industry and other business firm.
- Developing in house products from research activities. For example, a sanitizer developed by Department of Microbiology has been distributed to students and staff free of cost.
- There is a general practice of the college to support filing of patents and accordingly 3 patents have been published form the department of Microbiology with 1 from Physics and 1 from Computer Science.