The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Under the guidance of Rev. Dr. Dominic Savio, SJ, Principal & Chairperson IQAC our prime task is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution. The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has a significant and meaningful contribution in the functioning of the Institution.
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
The IQAC has focused on the following areas for the holistic development of the College:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research Programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic Programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Regular Activities of the IQAC include:
- Annual Quality Assurance Report – (AQAR)
- 3600 Degree Feedback
- Faculty Improvement Programmes
- All India Survey of Higher Education -AISHE (DCF II & DCF IV)
- Participation in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- Nodal Office for All Accreditation Process and Other Government Interfaces
- Nodal Office for All Scholarship Matters (National and State Government Sponsored)