Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management (MSM)
Introduction & Course Objective
The goal of this course is to introduce the essentials of Sales and Marketing management.
Major objectives of this course are:
- To provide a sound framework for identifying, analyzing, and solving marketing related problems.
- To understand the importance of sales force as a key component of an organization’s marketing effort.
- To examine the relationship between selling and marketing.
- To create industry-ready professionals in the area of marketing and selling to take up the challenges of global market place.
Course organization and Methodology
The course involves a mixture of case discussions and lectures, with an emphasis on developing an analytical approach that will enable students to (1) understand the environment in which a company operates and identify opportunities and threats, (2) identify and solve marketing problems, and (3) develop actionable marketing plans.
Teamwork is an essential component of case analysis. Groups will be assigned during the first week of class and shall keep changing as per the instructor.
The course is primarily an interactive discussion including debates, cases, and multiple opportunities to apply the theories that are discussed. A critical element of the class is a group project simulating a typical …. though complex …. marketing and sales management situations; the project includes a written paper with the option for a presentation to the class with verbal defense.
The course is focused on professional, business-to-business (B2B) sales issues and sales management. We frequently draw on our own experiences as consumers (B2C) as a basis for developing perspectives, insights, and understanding of B2B sales themes.
Group I – Marketing Management
- Analysing Marketing Opportunities and Strategy (Organisational Construct)
- Scanning Marketing Environment
- Analysing consumer markets and Buying Behaviour (B to C)
- Analysing Business Markets & Business Buying Behaviour (B to B)
- Analysing Competition
- Product Management & Branding
- Marketing research
- Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & Distribution Channels
- Integrated Marketing Communication
Group II – Sales Management
- Sales Force Development & Management
- Selling Process
- Sales Territory & Sales Quota
- Sales Forecasting and Sales Budget
Group III - Business Communication Skill
- Professional Body Language
- Work Place Etiquettes
- Professional Etiquettes
- PPT Application and Presentation Skill
- Commercial and Banking Correspondence
- Counselling Session
- E-mail Correspondence
- Project Work
Fresh graduates and working executives/professionals.
|End Semester Examinations
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation
* For Papers where Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation is not assessed, the weightage for End Semester Assessment is 100%
Final degree appeared or graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Please note the candidate appeared for final year degree is required to mention combined marks for previous Semester/Year. Students with arrears or supplementary papers are not eligible.
|Course Commencing From
|11th September 2023
|Total Rs.55,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 400/-)
|The course fee of Rs. 55,000/- is to be paid in two instalments. The 1st installment of Rs 35,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission. 2nd installment of Rs. 20,000/-
|Monday to Friday
|6PM - 8PM
|5PM - 7PM
4 Days / Week (to be announced)
Note: On the other days Classes/Examination may be scheduled, as and when required. Any Changes will be communicated in advance by email.
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- The registration fees of Rs. 400/- to be paid within the last date by using online payment method.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
Note: After successful online submission please note down your Application Number for further reference.
Step 2: Interview / Selection Process
- Interview List with date and time will be uploaded on the college website in due course.
- All the eligible candidate will be invited for personal interview.
- All original testimonials, marksheets, certificate and appointment letter of work experience for working candidates are to be bought at the time of the interview for verification.
Note –Selection Procedure will be based on qualifications, work experience, and/or personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process & Online Payment of Fees
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Those who seek admission to the College should ensure that they are equipped and conversant with the online payment system.
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101/02/03/04
- In case of non-receipt of the “online payment receipt” through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of Excess Fees Paid Online: In case of any fees having been paid online more than once, the payer is requested not to place any Charge Back Request to their respective banks. The excess payment will be refunded from the Treasurer’s office at St. Xavier’s College as soon as the payer places a request for the refund in the Treasurer’s office with the documented evidence of the payment in question.
- In case of any “Charge Back Request” is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete.
- If the supporting documents are not complete.
- If false documents have been submitted.
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled.
- If incorrect or wrong information is given.
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised Board/ University
Note: Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.