Inauguration & Compulsory Orientation Programme for all Career Oriented Programme courses on 9th July 2016 at 4 PM in the College Auditorium (Attendance Compulsory. Please be seated at 3:45PM).
Introduction & Course Objective
The goal of this course is to introduce the essentials of Sales and
Major objectives of this course are:
- To provide a sound framework for identifying, analyzing, and solving marketing related problems.
- To understand the importance of sales force as a key component of an organization's marketing effort.
- To examine the relationship between selling and marketing.
- To create industry-ready professionals in the area of marketing and selling to take up the challenges of global market place.
Course organization and Methodology
The course involves a mixture of case discussions and lectures, with
an emphasis on developing an analytical approach that will enable
students to (1) understand the environment in which a company operates
and identify opportunities and threats, (2) identify and solve marketing
problems, and (3) develop actionable marketing plans.
Teamwork is an essential component of case analysis. Groups will be assigned during the first week of class and shall keep changing as per the instructor.
The course is primarily an interactive discussion including debates, cases, and multiple opportunities to apply the theories that are discussed. A critical element of the class is a group project simulating a typical .... though complex .... marketing and sales management situations; the project includes a written paper with the option for a presentation to the class with verbal defense.
The course is focused on professional, business-to-business (B2B) sales issues and sales management. We frequently draw on our own experiences as consumers (B2C) as a basis for developing perspectives, insights, and understanding of B2B sales themes.
Group I - Marketing Management
- Analysing Marketing Opportunities and Strategy (Organisational Construct)
- Scanning Marketing Environment
- Analysing consumer markets and Buying Behaviour (B to C)
- Analysing Business Markets & Business Buying Behaviour (B to B)
- Analysing Competition
- Product Management & Branding
- Marketing research
- Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & Distribution Channels
- Integrated Marketing Communication
Group II - Sales Management
- Sales Force Development & Management
- Selling Process
- Sales Territory & Sales Quota
- Sales Forecasting and Sales Budget
Group III - Business Communication Skill
Fresh graduates and working executives/professionals.
Course duration: One year
- Semester I (July to December)
- Semester II (January to June).
|End Semester Examinations||70|
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation||30|
Eligibility : Graduate in any discipline.
Course duration : One year.
Course commencing from : July 2016
Course fee : Rs.45,000/-
Class days & Time
|Class Days||Class Timing|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday,||6pm- 8pm|
Note: Saturdays (5pm - 7pm) may also be class days/Examination days, as and when required
In addition to specified class hours, workshops, seminars, management games, etc. may be periodically conducted during day time on Saturdays and Sundays.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects
separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of
illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from
the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be
allowed to appear for the examination.
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- Last date for submission of form and payment of fees is 30th May, 2016.[ No application fees will be received after 30th May, 2016 even if the application form is submitted]
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 200/- to be paid within the last date either buy using online payment method or by cash at the Syndicate Bank, Park Street branch on the college premises from 9AM to 1PM (Working days), excluding 2nd & 4th Saturdays.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available
in the College strictly for those who do not have access
Step 2: Interview Process
- Interview List with Date and Time will be uploaded on the College Website on 4th June, 2016 at 3PM
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for personal Interview.
- All original testimonials (Mark sheets, Certificates and
Appointment letter of Work experience for Working Candidates) are to
be brought at the time of interview for verification.
Note - Selection Procedure will be based on
qualifications, work experience, and personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- Selected Candidates will have to take admission by filling up Admission form and Payment of Fees within the specified dates.
Students will also be intimated through email about the details.
Payment of fees:
- The course fee is to be paid in three installments.
- The 1st installment of Rs. 25000/- is to be paid at the time of admission. 2nd installment of Rs. 10000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2016. 3rd installment of Rs. 10000/- is to be paid by 7th January, 2017.
- Fees for the 1st Installment is to be paid either by cash or Demand Draft/Pay Order.
- Fees in cash is to be paid in cash at the Syndicate Bank Park Street branch on the college premises from 9AM to 1PM (Working days), excluding 2nd& 4th Saturdays only after verification of documents by the office.
- Fees can also be paid through Demand Draft/Pay Order in favour of St. Xavier's College, payable at Kolkata during the office hours. [please write your Name, Course and Mobile number reverse side of the Demand Draft/Pay Order and also keep a photocopy of the Demand Draft/Pay Order]
Fees for 2nd and 3rd Installment can be paid using online payment
methods as well as by cash or Demand Draft.