Offered by: St. Xavier's College (An Autonomous College under Calcutta University)
This course will lay emphasis on the practical aspects with a solid
knowledge base. Typical real life situations are covered under the
syllabus. A student will learn how to compute taxable income under the
heads - Salaries, House properties, Business and Profession, Capital
gains and other sources. Moreover, they can also learn how to compute
tax liability of an individual, HUF, Firms, Companies etc. and how to
file income-tax return in case of various assesses. The students would
get an idea about Indirect Taxes - Excise duty, VAT, Service tax etc.
and tax planning which attempts to reduce tax liability legally.
This course is intended to give a spurt to aspiring tax enthusiasts who have a natural flair to develop tax base. After completion of this course, one can start his/her career as a tax consultant or tax practitioner; thereby creating opportunities for self-employment.
|Module - I||Direct Tax Introduction, Income from Salary, House Property, Capital Gain|
|Module - II||Income under the head profit & gains of Business or Profession, Other Sources|
|Module - III||Submission of return and procedure for assessment, TDS and TCS, payment of Tax|
|Module - IV||GST 1|
|Module - V||GST 2|
|Module - VI||GST 3|
|Module - VII||TAX using Tally Erp|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate students or graduates in any discipline|
|Course duration||7 months|
|Course commencing from||July 2017|
|Course fee||Total Rs.18,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 200/-)|
|The course fee of Rs. 18,000/- is to be paid in two instalments
The 1st installment of Rs 13,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission.
2nd installment of Rs. 5,000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2017.
|Class days||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (6pm - 8pm)|
Certificate will be given by St. Xavier's College after successful completion of the course.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Admission procedure and Payment of Fees [Direct Enrolment]:
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms.
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the registration form and Admission form with care.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed form will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available in the College strictly for those who do not have access to internet.
After successful online submission please note down your Application Number for further reference.
Use login Link for:
- Paying Application and Course Fee Online
- Printing Online Payment Receipt
- Checking Application Registration and Payment Status
- Printing Admission Form (on Paying Application and Course Fee)
Step 2: Payment of Registration Fees & 1st Instalment of Course Fee (Online)
- Registration Fees and 1st Instalment of Course Fee are to be paid by using online payment method and submit generated Admission form along with necessary documents to the College office (Room No. 7) within 4 working days.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online
through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
Those who seek admission to the College should
ensure that they are equipped and conversant with
the online payment system.
Step 3: Admission Process
- Submission of Application form (generated through website) along with necessary documents to the College office (Room No. 7) within 4 working days.
- Eligible candidates may get direct admission subject to the fulfillment of norms and availability of seats.
Payment of fees does not confirm admission. The
admission will be confirmed only after physical
verification of eligibility and relevant documents
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101 I 02 I 03 I 04
- In case of non-receipt of the "online payment receipt" through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of Excess Fees Paid Online: In
case of any fees having been paid online more than
once, the payer is requested not to place any Charge
Back Request to their respective banks. The excess
payment will be refunded from the Treasurer's office
at St. Xavier's College as soon as the payer places
a request for the refund in the Treasurer's office
with the documented evidence of the payment in
In case of any "Charge Back Request" is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised board.
Note: Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.