Inauguration & Compulsory Orientation Programme for all Career Oriented Programme courses on 9th July 2016 at 4 PM in the College Auditorium (Attendance Compulsory. Please be seated at 3:45PM).
Offered by: St. Xavier's College (An Autonomous College under Calcutta University)
This course will lay emphasis on the practical aspects with a solid
knowledge base. Typical real life situations are covered under the
syllabus. A student will learn how to compute taxable income under the
heads - Salaries, House properties, Business and Profession, Capital
gains and other sources. Moreover, they can also learn how to compute
tax liability of an individual, HUF, Firms, Companies etc. and how to
file income-tax return in case of various assesses. The students would
get an idea about Indirect Taxes - Excise duty, VAT, Service tax etc.
and tax planning which attempts to reduce tax liability legally.
This course is intended to give a spurt to aspiring tax enthusiasts who have a natural flair to develop tax base. After completion of this course, one can start his/her career as a tax consultant or tax practitioner; thereby creating opportunities for self-employment.
|Module - I||Direct Tax Introduction, Income from Salary, House Property, Capital Gain|
|Module - II||Income under the head profit & gains of Business or Profession, Other Sourses|
|Module - III||Submission of return and procedure for assessment, TDS and TCS, payment of Tax|
|Module - IV||W.B. VAT, CST Act, 1956|
|Module - V||Service Tax|
|Module - VI||Central Excise|
|Module - VII||Practical work|
Undergraduate students or graduates in any discipline
|Course Duration||7 months.|
|Course Commencing from||July 2016|
|Course Fees||Rs. 15000|
|Class days||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (6pm - 8pm)|
Certificate will be given by St. Xavier's College after successful completion of the course.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
- Online application facilities will be made available
in the College strictly for those who do not have access
Step 2: Admission Process
- Submission of Admission Form (generated through website) in the College office (Room No. 7).
- Eligible candidates may get direct admission subject to the
fulfillment of norms and availability of seats.
Payment of fees:
- The course fee is to be paid in three installments.
- The 1st installment of Rs. 10000/- is to be paid at the time of admission. 2nd installment of Rs. 5000/- is to be paid by 15th September, 2016.
- The cost of the application form of Rs. 100/- along with 1st Installment of course fee to be paid in cash at the Syndicate Bank Park Street branch on the college premises from 9AM to 1PM (Working days), excluding 2nd & 4th Saturdays only after verification of documents by the office.
- Fees can also be paid through Demand Draft/Pay Order in favour of St. Xavier's College, payable at Kolkata during the office hours. [please write your Name, Course and Mobile number reverse side of the Demand Draft/Pay Order and also keep a photocopy of the Demand Draft/Pay Order]
Fees for 2nd Installment can be paid using online payment
methods as well as by cash or Demand Draft.