The Student’s Grievance Cell desires to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment. The Cell enables a student to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the College. ‘Student’s Grievance Cell’ enquires and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Emphasis on procedural fairness has been given with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
- To support, those students who have been deprived of the services offered by the College, for which he/she is entitled.
- To ensure effective solution to the students’ grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- To guide ways and means to the students to redress their problems.
- Redressal of Students’ Grievances to solve academic and administrative problems.
- To co-ordinate between students and Departments/Sections to redress the grievances.
Students' Grievance Procedure
The grievance procedure is a machinery to sort out the issues between student and College. It is a means by which a student who believe that, he/she has been treated unfairly with respect to his/her academic/administrative affairs or is convinced to be discriminated is redressed. It is a device to settle a problem. It enables to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college. It involves a process of investigation in which ‘Student’s Grievance Cell’ enquires and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Matters are disclosed to only those, who have a legitimate role in resolving the matter. Emphasis on procedural fairness has been given with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
The students are ought to lodge their grievances in the prescribed form. The form, duly filled, is required to be submitted in the drop box placed outside the Principal’s office/submitted by email (email@example.com)
UGC Student Centric Regulations
Grievance Cell, 2023– 2024
Download Greivance Form
- Rev. Dr. Dominic Savio S.J., Principal & Chairperson
- Prof. Bertram Da Silva, Vice Principal, Arts & Science
- Rev. Peter Arockiam S.J., Treasurer & Vice-Principal, Commerce(Evening) and BMS
- Rev. Fr. Joseph Kulandai S.J., Vice Principal, Commerce (Morning)
- Rev. Johnson Padiyara S.J., Vice Principal, Raghabpur Campus
- Dr. Swati Sarkar, Vice Principal, Department of Education
- Dr. Ayan Chandra, Member Secretary, Academic Council
- Dr. Partha Pratim Ghosh, Coordinator, IQAC
- Dr. Arup Kr. Mitra, Controller of Examinations
- Rev. Anil Milton Gomes, S.J., Asst. Controller of Examinations
- Dr. Farhat Bano, Dean of Arts
- Dr. Indranath Choudhuri, Dean of Science
- Dr. Panchali Sen, Dean of International Studies & Programme
- Dr. Sanjib Kumar Basu, Dean of M.Com.
- Dr. Soheli Ghose, Dean of Commerce (Evening)
- Prof. Sougata Banerjee, Dean of BMS
- Dr. Samrat Roy, Coordinator, Ph.D. Programmes
- Dr. Romit S. Beed, Head of the Department
- Dr. Zaid Al Basat
- Prof. Aparajita Hembrom
- Student member
- Dr. Amitava Roy, Dean of Commerce (Morning) – Secretary