Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Public Relation (MCP)
- To be aware of important themes underlying the mass media industries.
- To understand the functions of mass media.
- To be able to prepare, deliver and direct media programmes.
- To acquire the knowledge and develop competency in the field of public relations.
- To understand how digital media is changing the nature and focus of traditional mass media.
- To develop the skills required for corporate communication.
Fresh graduates and working executives/professionals and Army officers who are on study leave.
- Introduction to Communication & Writing
- Print Media, News Agency
- Electronic Media – Radio, TV
- Internet, Social Media and Mobile Communication
- Principles of Public Relations
- Practices of Public Relations
- Introduction to Management
- Ethics in Mass Communication and Public Relations
- Corporate and Crisis Communication
- Computer Aided Communication
- Advertising & Ad Agency
- Public Relations Agency and Event Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Development Communication
- Media Laws
- Editing & Production in Print Media
- Editing & Production in Print Media (Practical)
- Editing & Production in Video
- Editing & Production in Video (Practical)
- Public Speaking
- Presentation Skills
- Industry Visit and Reporting
- Project Work
|End Semester Examinations
|Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation
* For Papers where Individual Assignments and/or Team case presentation is not assessed, the weightage for End Semester Assessment is 100%
Final degree appeared or graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Please note the candidate appeared for final year degree is required to mention combined marks for previous Semester/Year. Students with arrears or supplementary papers are not eligible.
|Course Commencing From
|11th September 2023
|Total Rs.58,000/- ( excluding Registration Fees of Rs 400/-)
|The course fee of Rs. 58,000/- is to be paid in two instalments. The 1st installment of Rs 38,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission. 2nd installment of Rs. 20,000/-
|Batch - I
|Batch - II
|Monday to Friday
|6PM - 8PM
|3PM - 5PM
|5PM - 7PM
|2.30PM - 4.30PM
4 Days / Week (to be announced)
Note: On the other days Classes/Examination may be scheduled, as and when required. Any Changes will be communicated in advance by email.
Diploma will be given after the successful completion of both the semesters.
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in all papers/subjects separately. A student who has between 60% and 74% attendance on grounds of illness or any other unavoidable circumstance will have to seek condonation from the Prof-in-Charge of COP. Without the condonation the student will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the Registration Form and Acknowledgement Card with care.
- The registration fees of Rs. 400/- to be paid within the last date by using online payment method.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed forms will be issued by the College
Note: After successful online submission please note down your Application Number for further reference.
Step 2: Interview / Selection Process
- Interview List with date and time will be uploaded on the college website in due course.
- All the eligible candidate will be invited for personal interview.
- All original testimonials, marksheets, certificate and appointment letter of work experience for working candidates are to be bought at the time of the interview for verification.
Note –Selection Procedure will be based on qualifications, work experience, and/or personal Interview.
Step 3: Admission Process & Online Payment of Fees
- Publication of Selection list and Admission Dates will be notified on the website.
- The College Fees will be accepted only online through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Those who seek admission to the College should ensure that they are equipped and conversant with the online payment system.
Online Payment FAQ
- Online Payment Assistance: For any assistance regarding online payment, call Kolkata Bill Desk Office between 10 am and 5 pm on all working days on the following numbers : 033-4003 5101/02/03/04
- In case of non-receipt of the “online payment receipt” through the College Website, even after the completion of the payment process, the student is advised to verify with the concerned bank before attempting a repayment. However, if your account has been debited, contact COP Office (Room 7) with your bank details to get your site updated, after which you will automatically get your receipt.
- Refund of Excess Fees Paid Online: In case of any fees having been paid online more than once, the payer is requested not to place any Charge Back Request to their respective banks. The excess payment will be refunded from the Treasurer’s office at St. Xavier’s College as soon as the payer places a request for the refund in the Treasurer’s office with the documented evidence of the payment in question.
- In case of any “Charge Back Request” is placed by the student to their respective Banks, then a processing charge as applicable will be recovered from the student.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete.
- If the supporting documents are not complete.
- If false documents have been submitted.
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled.
- If incorrect or wrong information is given.
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised Board/ University
Note: Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.